Notes from Emacs Asia-Pacific (APAC) virtual meetup, May 2021
These are the notes from Emacs Asia-Pacific (APAC) meetup happened on May 22, 2021.
- Emacs for Bookmark management
- [yantar92] use Org mode with details about all the things.
- [bhavin192] very small list of Org mode headings.
- [meain] plain text file with id, it also curls the title etc.
- https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref adds more metadata for different websites.
- [Yuchen] org-capture + tridactyl (Firefox extension).
- qutebrowser: whole browser driven by keyboard.
- A demo of org-capture-ref by yantar92
- Metadata parsing works at the time of capture.
- Using doct for capture templates demo by yantar92
- It can help to generate completion for different things, like categories.
- Simple templates can be done with Yasnippet as well.
- Emacs tree-sitter for manipulating code functions/methods
- [yantar92] Emacs
thing-at-pointcan be used.
- Workflow for editing a specific function from a package
- [yantar92] https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el/
- Made for development requirements like these.
- [yantar92] copy the function in
*scratch*and execute it, it should work most of the time.
- [yantar92] you can use
Credits: bhavin192, meain, yantar92, Yuchen.