Notes from Emacs Asia-Pacific (APAC) virtual meetup, June 2021
These are the notes from Emacs Asia-Pacific (APAC) meetup happened on June 26, 2021.
- Showing trailing whitespaces in the current buffer
- [irek] I keep whitespace-mode on in some modes.
- show-trailing-whitespace: https://stackoverflow.com/q/11700934/6202405
- rainbow-delimiters: different color theme
- Browsing DevDocs (devdocs.io) in eww
- ox-hugo publishing: marking posts as draft
- [archgaelix] want to mark the TODO entries as draft posts.
- Building Emacs with correct flags
- [bhavin192] I build the RPM from source https://geeksocket.in/posts/emacs-pretest-rpm/#cloning-the-git-repository
- [meain] for mac users building Emacs, try https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport It seems to be much faster generally.
- Hiding the content of a selected region
C-x n s(in Org mode to narrow to the tree).
- [archgaelix] I use hide-show for code blocks.
- [meain] https://github.com/magnars/fold-this.el
- Issues with straight.el on macOS
[meain] I’m not able to fetch things, get SSL related errors.
fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.com/ideasman42/emacs-mode-line-idle.git/': SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
- Using shell inside Emacs
- [bhavin192] the
TERMvariable can be set to blank when running inside an Emacs shell, with that most of the CLI tools will not print unsupported escape sequences.
- [irek] I have set
PAGERto cat and
- [bhavin192] I use emacsclient when using
ansi-xtermcan be used as well.
- [meain] speed comparison between vterm and ansi-term. https://github.com/akermu/emacs-libvterm
- [bhavin192] the
- Elfeed utility functions
- [meain] utility functions to do extra filtering based on tags and titles of the feed entries.
Credits: archgaelix, bhavin192, irek, meain, mohan43u, Susam, Yuchen.